Joe Pane con Vegas Golden Knights: How a First-Year Expansion Team Healed Las Vegas and Shocked the Hockey World (English Edition)
William Foley took a big risk when he and partners paid $500 million for a Las Vegas expansion hockey team. Would they be competitive? Would the locals support them? Would visitors sacrifice gambling time for hockey in the desert?
The answer to all these questions was a resounding, “Yes!”
Vegas Golden Knights delves deeply into the unlikely but momentous journey that took the Knights to the top in their inaugural season, even as they carried the weight of a grieving city along the way.
This book details:
- how Las Vegas got its first major-league sports team
- how the expansion draft resembled a poker game
- why the Golden Knights and the mass Strip shooting will forever be linked
- the over-the-top merchandising, ticket sales, and fan mania
- how Las Vegas’ legal sports betting helped fuel the phenomenon
- profiles of the players
- recaps of all 102 games
- explanations of key hockey terminology and concepts
This book puts you right in the middle of a sports tale so miraculous that it transcends winning and losing—it’s the story of the mismatched misfits who made a run for the ages while a city, and the world, watched in amazement.